Sunday was dedicated to mapping and marking mileposts on the mainline from the mill site to Camp one, and checking the condition of the mainline. I had previously arranged for a 8:45 AM start time with the Vance Creek Railriders to ensure our group left the yard well ahead of Doug's group, and we proceeded east towards Shelton. GPS units were calibrated on this run and several existing mileposts were picked to gauge accuracy. Upon reaching the Knight's area the speeders were parked and our expedition proceeded on foot to 1st street , and it was decided to start pounding stakes at the .5 mile marker in town, as the "0" marker would have placed us inside the gate in the SPI mill site. We proceeded to mark in half mile increments from this spot to 9.5 within the Camp one/sort yard complex. Occasionally, small deviations between the GPS and existing monuments became apparent. In these instances we went with the pre-existing markers. In all, 18 mileposts were measured and marked with survey stakes, vital monuments for future track. Once we are cleared for normal mainline maintenance, permanent signs will be installed to replace missing ones and will match existing ones now in place. Cory, Joel, John, Dale, John, Pete, Mike, Michelle, Amy and myself all were involved. Line condition is good, with heavy brush east of the railrider turn around at milepost 3 and into town. The track in the large siding area by Kneeland park is in excellent condition, and will require little work to be utilized. Several small slides and washouts were also noted, but not affecting the line directly, but rather drainage ditches on either side. Dale also installed floorboards and left hand sill in #55.

#900 locomotive was charged and started, Josh and Corey moved #201 caboose and both side dump cars into lease area. Pete worked on stripping/priming regulator roof in preparation for winter, and I worked #54 speeder, which I later used to push regulator into lease area as well. Cory did start regulator long enough to raise the outriggers for the trip. By the end of the day, all running machines (with the exception of our crane and our speeder carts) were re-located to the lease area. Joel threw switches for us and documented our progress.

Regulator is still at the top of our priority list, as it will become essential to clear ties for inspection in preparation for tourist train operation. I have discussed our need for injector replacement and adjustment with Earl of West Coast Mobile Equipment Repair and he agreed to a shop rate of $100 per hour, with an estimate of about 2 hours labor + $200-$300 for parts. I would like the board to approve $500-$600 for this endeavor, as it has been the consensus of Jim Davenport, myself, and Cory that this procedure is absolutely necessary for PRLM to continue.
Speeder #55 is still receiving floorboards and sill replacement spearheaded by Dale with  lumber and hardware supplied by myself, John, and Dale.
Speeder #53 is needing eventual brake replacement, for an adjustment should be fine for now. Both small speeders should have some bumpers/brush guards/push bars added on either end to protect radiators, glass and body work. I will see about fabricating these and/or extended hitches. Both speeders still need teak curtain sticks drilled for latches, I will work on these this week for Dale to install.
Speeder #54 will need drive chains replaced and brake work also, and will eventually play a key role in track maintenance as it can haul a welder, compressor, torches and plenty of hardware and parts. Until then, we will utilize the fire cart for this role, towed by either #53 or #54.  #900 will need to be started and ran several times weekly in order to keep batteries charged and oil primed until such time we can charge and run #1200 before winter.
Brush clearing within the lease area is needed badly, as we have not worked in this area much but we are now headquartered here, so some housecleaning is in order. If time allows before track work after the lease is signed we can always continue our brush clearing on the west end of the loop track, with an eventual goal of connecting several gaps in the tracks and rails, We should have plenty of supplies on hand to complete this task.
Road crossings are being cleared by hand at the present time, if regulator is repaired before the lease is finalized we should be able to clear these with it. If not, John has expressed interest in keeping these clear, as wear and tear on our small speeder wheels could prove to become quite expensive.
We will do all we can do keep our machines running and make them as reliable as possible in anticipation of working on the main line after lease signing. Thank you for all of our volunteers and board members who showed up this weekend to help make our railroad a reality.

William D Clark